Sunday, February 19, 2012

Something New week 7

WE DID IT!!
My students made me encouraging cards!
I didn't have to call 911.
Week 7 (February 12-18): I RAN A HALF-MARATHON! 13.1 MILES!!! 2:40:53 -- My goal was under 3 hours, but in my head, I was aiming more towards 2:45:00. I DID IT! I signed up for the race before I met Kyle (who skydives, rides his bike for 100 miles, and does triathlons). Little did I know HE would be my "trainer" -- meaning he told me to go to the gym to run and I threw a tantrum because I really didn't want to, especially when he hurt his back and couldn't go with me. 

Sweet Arm Bands! They kept me warm! 
GOOD MORNING! 6:30AM

Then it was time....
The month that would end the'yelling'. 
The week he was in the hospital. 
The day he couldn't be there cheering for me every few mile markers. 
The hours I spent running. 
The minute I crossed the finish line. 
He couldn't be there.



He was there in spirit. I was wearing his LIVE STRONG bracelet. 
His sister was giving him updates via her iPhone app. 




I stopped my watch a little short of 13.1... OOPS!



It was a GREAT race! It was GREAT weather! It was a GREAT crowd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment